The right sports bar and grill is the ideal place to meet friends, root for your favorite sports team, or relax. The Greene Turtle in Brandywine, Maryland, is perfect for all this. People in the community flock to this establishment. At the same time, everyone’s welcome, so you’ll feel right at home the minute you walk in the door.
The Back Story
In 1981, two college students, Tommy Dickerson and Steve Pappas, turned their dream into reality. They wanted to establish an English-style pub where people could go for great food and entertainment. They succeeded when they opened the Greene Turtle Sports Bar & Grille. A few years later, another college friend, Billy Packo, hopped on board.
It didn’t take long for the Greene Turtle to become a big hit. So much so that in 1990, the three men opened a third location, thanks to assistance from Mike Sanford, another friend. Eight years later, two more restaurants opened.
Then in 2002, the owners of the Greene Turtle decided to step things up by offering franchises. That led to 30 locations across the Mid-Atlantic region. While exciting, more things happened. They started with receiving recognition from Entrepreneur Magazine, a prominent publication.
As 2016 rolled around, the men celebrated the Greene Turtle’s 40th anniversary. Today, they still have franchising opportunities. Regardless of which location you visit, you’ll immediately notice the incredible atmosphere and friendliness of both staff and guests.
A Look at the Menu
Besides creating a comfortable environment, the men wanted to serve excellent food. Although the menu changed somewhat throughout the years, it still includes multiple selections.
The restaurant makes everything using the finest and freshest ingredients available. Here are some examples of what you can order when visiting the Greene Turtle.
- Sharables – Options include Smokehouse Nachos, Rockfish Bites, Legendary Tenders, 100 Percent World-Famous Crab Leg Pie, and All-Natural Jumbo Wings.
- Soups and Salads – Just a few of the things you can choose include Hearty Chili, Maryland Crab Soup, Black & Bleu Shrimp Salad, and Apple Pecan Salad.
- Baskets & Bowls – Try the Korean Salmon Bowl, Nola Chicken Bowl, Crab Cake Duo, Cajun Shrimp Pasta Bowl, or perhaps something different.
- Tacos – If you’re craving tacos, the Greene Turtle serves Carne Asada Tacos, Spice Baja Fish Tacos, Blackened Rockfish Tacos, and others.
- Handhelds – Maybe you’d like to order the Maryland Crab Cake, Smoky Pork BBQ Sandwich, Grilled Salmon Sandwich, California Chicken Sandwich, or another handheld on the menu.
- Burgers – The restaurant also serves mouthwatering burgers. They include the Maple Bacon Brunch Burger, Chesapeake Burger, Spicy Jack Burger, and Cowboy Burger.
- Dessert – After enjoying a hearty meal, you don’t want to miss ordering dessert. As with everything served at the Greene Turtle, it provides generous portions. Funnel Cake Fries, Cookie Lava Sundae, and Smith Island Cake are a few of the sweets available.
You might also like: Visit Scary Strokes With Your Family
The Complete Package
Eating at the Greene Turtle makes you part of its history and success. Along with delicious food and a great atmosphere, you’ll appreciate the outstanding service and hospitality.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.